This Valentine’s Day why not show some love with a delicious protein chocolate lava cake seen on the Protein Chef. This is a delicious and gooey lava cake which is lower in calories, higher in protein, gluten free and is full of nutritional goodness.
Here is the recipe for this delicious protein lava cake that you can serve as a wonderful desert or serve it in bed for a delicious and romantic treat.
- ½ cup of chocolate whey protein powder
- 3tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2tbsp of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of oats
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup of almond or coconut milk
- 2 to 3tbsp crystallized coconut nectar or plain coconut sugar
- Blend all the ingredients together with a food processor or handheld blender until you get a creamy batter.
- Pour the mix into two silicone baking pods or regular soufflé dishes. If you choose a soufflé dishes you will need to butter them so that the mix does not stick.
- You will need to cook your mix at 180 degrees Celsius for 4 minutes. You want the top to be cooked but the centre needs to be gooey. Check your cakes after three minutes to gauge them.
- Once they are ready, carefully remove them from the mold and turn them upside down on a plate
- Top your lava cakes with strawberries, cream, MCT powder or just enjoy them on their own.